Thursday, March 15, 2007

Quicksilver

My Quicksilver education continues. I watched the Merlin Show on using menu items from within Quicksilver (episode 8), and thought it was a great idea (especially for Textmate, which I'm also trying to learn). But when I tried out the example in my QS, it didn't work; at least not at first. So here are the prerequisites for getting menu items to work:

  1. Activate "Enable Advanced Features" in Preferences -> Application

  2. Activate the "User Interface Access (+)" plugin

  3. Make sure that "Enable access for assistive devices" is selected in OS X System Preferences -> Universal Access. I don't have this enabled by default because I use iKey during training courses and it only works if access for assistive devices is turned off.


Hopefully that's it! But if not, Howard Melman has written an excellent Quicksilver User's Guide.

No comments:

Post a Comment